The Student Room Group

A level Predicted Grades As Private Candidate

Hi, I’m planning on studying A levels myself this year rather than with an online learning provider, I’m just unsure on what to do when it comes to needing predicted grades for my uni application as I would now be classed as a mature student. If I was to sit the AS exams, could I use these as my predicted grades?
Original post by JessSmith132
Hi, I’m planning on studying A levels myself this year rather than with an online learning provider, I’m just unsure on what to do when it comes to needing predicted grades for my uni application as I would now be classed as a mature student. If I was to sit the AS exams, could I use these as my predicted grades?

You can't predict your own grades - your referee usually adds them.
Original post by Muttley79
You can't predict your own grades - your referee usually adds them.

My referee would need to be an employer as I’m not at college or planning studying my A levels with a college or learning provider and so they would not be able to predict my grades.
Original post by JessSmith132
My referee would need to be an employer as I’m not at college or planning studying my A levels with a college or learning provider and so they would not be able to predict my grades.

You'll have to apply without predictions then.
You can apply without predictions. Don't worry - this is very common for mature students and it wont change how your application is viewed.

Your employer obviously can't pretend they can predict your grades as they havent 'taught' you and only know you as an employee - but they should point this out in the reference and thereby explain why you don't have predicted grades.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
You can apply without predictions. Don't worry - this is very common for mature students and it wont change how your application is viewed.
Your employer obviously can't pretend they can predict your grades as they havent 'taught' you and only know you as an employee - but they should point this out in the reference and thereby explain why you don't have predicted grades.

Can my university professor predict my grades if I put them down as my referee? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending