The Student Room Group

I dont know what to do

I am an 18 year old in Year 13 with A Levels/Uni applications coming up just like every other Y13 in the country, and I suppose what we all have in common is that its a pretty stressful time...

Although unfortunately, I don't get on well with my parents, and have been given a deadline to leave the house and live elsewhere. I work part time, but with school etc I simply just do not have the money to afford rent in my city, and family members who would let me live with them are in different cities, meaning school would be ridiculously hard to go to.

School is a big part of my life which I value a lot, and I am very passionate about progressing my education past sixth form, however I honestly cant see that going smoothly considering my current position, and I'm just very worried about it all. Do any of you have any advice?
Reply 1
Do you have any friends with parents who would let you stay with them? That would probably be difficult, so if that's not an option I think explaining your situation to a teacher or someone at school would be helpful cos they most likely want you to stay in school and progress your education, and also they have a duty to make sure you're safe and so have somewhere to live but it depends on your situation.

Hope this helps and you find a solution :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending