The Student Room Group

Dissertation capped, am I playing with my future?

I just received my dissertation and I have to retake it. Capped at 40%. I’m really panicking because I spent money that was not rewarded at the end. I thought I did well, I couldn’t submit any EC so I’m pretty much f*****. The dissertation counted 75% of the third year and my modules are graded between B and D. I feel so demoralised. Any advice? Is there anything I can do to get an honours?
Reply 1
Why is it failed? Because of plagiarism, or just it got a fail mark? Depending on your institutions assessment regulations and procedures, you may be able to reassess uncapped if you submit a successful claim for mitigating circumstances for the relevant assessment period. You should inquire about the process for submitting mitigating circumstances claim with the admin team and your personal tutor. X
Reply 2
Original post by DR_C
Why is it failed? Because of plagiarism, or just it got a fail mark? Depending on your institutions assessment regulations and procedures, you may be able to reassess uncapped if you submit a successful claim for mitigating circumstances for the relevant assessment period. You should inquire about the process for submitting mitigating circumstances claim with the admin team and your personal tutor. X

I sent an email as soon as I got the results to both the supervisor and tutor to see what happened. However, my biggest concern is, if I pass the reassess for the dissertation, will I get at least a third class?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending