The Student Room Group

How is university really like? How is business studies? Life balance?

I am interested to hear your opinions and how uni is like as an a-level student!
Hello!

I am a third-year student at De Montfort University (DMU). At the same time, I am also an international student so starting a university in the United Kingdom has been a great change for me and a completely new experience. I hope my perspective will be helpful! :h:

What is university really like? Almost as everyone describes it. It is a huge step towards independence. What you spend your time on and how much you learn depends on you. Classes provide a foundation, stimulate interest and point the way to further deepen knowledge. In addition, student life is a unique experience that shapes your personality and gives you the opportunity to broaden your horizons, make lifelong friendships and orient your career.

How are business studies? I am studying Psychology but I have been living for two years with a girl studying Business. As far as I know, it is not very different from Psychology. They have slightly fewer hours of classes during the week. Courses are highly practical allowing us to develop necessary skills. And my favourite thing: employability is at the heart of each course. We have the opportunity to apply for a year-long placement or a six-month-long part-time internship at DMU. Business students also hear from and gain insight into global brands. If you would be interested, here you can read all about what a business course offers.

Life balance? Depends on you and your time-management skills. If you decide to plan your time effectively, I can assure you that you will have plenty of time on university, work and private life. I wrote in detail about how I manage my time here.

I hope I could help! :colondollar: If you happen to have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them here or on The Ambassador Platform, where you can chat with me.

Take care,

Julia
Reply 2
Original post by De Montfort University
Hello!

I am a third-year student at De Montfort University (DMU). At the same time, I am also an international student so starting a university in the United Kingdom has been a great change for me and a completely new experience. I hope my perspective will be helpful! :h:

What is university really like? Almost as everyone describes it. It is a huge step towards independence. What you spend your time on and how much you learn depends on you. Classes provide a foundation, stimulate interest and point the way to further deepen knowledge. In addition, student life is a unique experience that shapes your personality and gives you the opportunity to broaden your horizons, make lifelong friendships and orient your career.

How are business studies? I am studying Psychology but I have been living for two years with a girl studying Business. As far as I know, it is not very different from Psychology. They have slightly fewer hours of classes during the week. Courses are highly practical allowing us to develop necessary skills. And my favourite thing: employability is at the heart of each course. We have the opportunity to apply for a year-long placement or a six-month-long part-time internship at DMU. Business students also hear from and gain insight into global brands. If you would be interested, here you can read all about what a business course offers.

Life balance? Depends on you and your time-management skills. If you decide to plan your time effectively, I can assure you that you will have plenty of time on university, work and private life. I wrote in detail about how I manage my time here.

I hope I could help! :colondollar: If you happen to have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them here or on The Ambassador Platform, where you can chat with me.

Take care,

Julia

Thank you! That was very helpful :]
Just reading ur response Julia was very helpful. I’m starting social work in September :smile:
Original post by K-pop013
Thank you! That was very helpful :]

Original post by ebyrne2036
Just reading ur response Julia was very helpful. I’m starting social work in September :smile:

I am glad I could help guys! :smile: If you need anything else, do not hesitate to ask.

Ebyrne2036, do you mean Social Work course at De Montfort University? That sounds amazing! I have heard some great stuff from my peers :biggrin: Are you excited?

All the best for you,

Julia :h:
Hiya I’m not doing it at De Montfort but I am looking forward to it. Of course nervous but I’m sure it will be good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending