The Student Room Group

Comparing prose and poetry on women in society?

I study A-Level English literture and for my coursework I have to compare a prose and poetry that are both post-1900 but one has to be post-2000s. I am thinking of doing a common theme of women's roles in society and like female inequality. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!
Reply 1
Original post by hayleygeorge15
I study A-Level English literture and for my coursework I have to compare a prose and poetry that are both post-1900 but one has to be post-2000s. I am thinking of doing a common theme of women's roles in society and like female inequality. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

you could always look at other specs and see what books they teach in relation to your theme? for example, a friend of mine is doing wuthering heights which is actually on our spec under a different theme but our teachers decided to teach books that were from under a different theme instead. some suggestions off of this would be things like mrs dalloway and a thousand splendid suns. if you do some more research, you can find more. you could also ask your teachers what they think would be good books. one pro of this would be that youd have a lot of resources to draw upon
Reply 2
Original post by TazmeenX
you could always look at other specs and see what books they teach in relation to your theme? for example, a friend of mine is doing wuthering heights which is actually on our spec under a different theme but our teachers decided to teach books that were from under a different theme instead. some suggestions off of this would be things like mrs dalloway and a thousand splendid suns. if you do some more research, you can find more. you could also ask your teachers what they think would be good books. one pro of this would be that youd have a lot of resources to draw upon

Okay, that sounds like a good idea! Thank you for your response :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending