The Student Room Group

Medical work experience help

Hi I’m in 11 year, and want to do some work experience for medicine,
I can’t find any good websites to apply through, do you guys have any suggestions? Also anything specific I should do as well? Also how much work experience do I need as well?
Reply 1
Original post by og-iconx
Hi I’m in 11 year, and want to do some work experience for medicine,
I can’t find any good websites to apply through, do you guys have any suggestions? Also anything specific I should do as well? Also how much work experience do I need as well?

It isn't about quantity, it's about what you learn from it and how you can speak about it during interviews. Medical schools accept both in person and virtual work experience. In person work experience is always hard to get, but Medic Mentor have a fantastic online work experience programme, which I would definitely check out if I were you.
Reply 2
if you're able to, you could also apply to your local GP surgeries (not the one you're a patient at though) to see if they'd be willing to take you on for a bit for work experience!

if you have any family that work in healthcare it might be worth seeing if they'd be happy to take you too (im an international student so i didnt do my work experience in UK, but i ended up doing it under my grandpa's uncles cousins son lmaoo)

good luck finding it btw!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending