The Student Room Group

Xaverian College vs Ashton Sixth Form

I really want to go to Xaverian as it has all the subjects that I want, however it is an hour away from me by tram, and I don't have a driving license yet.
And there is Ashton which is only around 20 minutes away but it doesn't have German which I really want to do.
I know Xaverian is good but I want to have time for myself, if not then I'll have to get used to the change in routine, I don't know what risk to take, I need opinons :smile:
Reply 1
you’ll be working hard as it is with german as one of your a levels so if you add the commute to xaverian on top of that it’ll probably just make you feel exhausted even though you’re going to get to study the subject you really want to.
i went to xavs for college and had a long commute too! xavs is a brilliant college and i just studied as much as i could during my commute which helped and gave me more free time at home!
unless you do 4 subjects you won't have a full timetable so you may be able to go home early/go to college late on some days so it shouldn't be too tiring :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you very much!! I'll go to Xaverian and I'll see how it goes. I think it's the matter of getting used to the changes :smile: Thanks a lot, helpdesk me ease the stress haha
Reply 4
Original post by ZeeZ29
Thank you very much!! I'll go to Xaverian and I'll see how it goes. I think it's the matter of getting used to the changes :smile: Thanks a lot, helpdesk me ease the stress haha

Helped*
Original post by ZeeZ29

I hope you enjoy your time there!! I absolutely loved it!!
Original post by ZeeZ29
I really want to go to Xaverian as it has all the subjects that I want, however it is an hour away from me by tram, and I don't have a driving license yet.
And there is Ashton which is only around 20 minutes away but it doesn't have German which I really want to do.
I know Xaverian is good but I want to have time for myself, if not then I'll have to get used to the change in routine, I don't know what risk to take, I need opinons :smile:

i got to Ashton and wanted to go to Xaverian but couldnt it was also an hr away. But choose very carefully where u want to go to bcz my teachers said to me that 1 hr u choose to travel there u can be home by that time and can study. But both colleges are outstanding

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending