The Student Room Group

Work Experience

I have work experience next week and I'm trying to call up some places, do you think a nursery would be good? I'm also looking at counselling centres or psychologists/ sports psychology however I haven't had much luck
Anywhere else I could possibly go to get work experience for 2 weeks?
Reply 1
Original post by hyouka
I have work experience next week and I'm trying to call up some places, do you think a nursery would be good? I'm also looking at counselling centres or psychologists/ sports psychology however I haven't had much luck
Anywhere else I could possibly go to get work experience for 2 weeks?

A nursery is great, even if you don't want to get into childcare it shows that you have the ability to manage younger children and interact in a way that will keep them safe and stimulated.

I would recommend making a list of all of the centres/places in your area that you are interested in doing wex at, with all of the numbers and emails, and then call them all up and make a checklist of who answer, what they said, who didn't answer so you can call them later. Alternatively email them also previously with your name and explaining, so when you call if they've seen the name, they'll remember and might feel inclined to help. Try ask for the manager to ask them directly
Original post by metroplex
A nursery is great, even if you don't want to get into childcare it shows that you have the ability to manage younger children and interact in a way that will keep them safe and stimulated.

I would recommend making a list of all of the centres/places in your area that you are interested in doing wex at, with all of the numbers and emails, and then call them all up and make a checklist of who answer, what they said, who didn't answer so you can call them later. Alternatively email them also previously with your name and explaining, so when you call if they've seen the name, they'll remember and might feel inclined to help. Try ask for the manager to ask them directly

Exactly this. Good advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending