The Student Room Group

cant get a Part time job

I have applied to over 50 part time jobs but I have either been rejected or have not heard back, I don't have any experience but I thought by now someone will hire me, I really need to get a job before yr 13 starts

Any advice thx.
I'd suggest looking into work agencies, such as Travail. They will usually take anyone and are very flexible. I worked for the aforementioned and had work within 1 week of getting in touch by phone - worked all over the place, with week by week planning in advance and all sort's of jobs to pick from, and they pay at least the full National Living Wage so it's quite good if you're young (sub 23) and need work quick.
Original post by yupcabra23
I have applied to over 50 part time jobs but I have either been rejected or have not heard back, I don't have any experience but I thought by now someone will hire me, I really need to get a job before yr 13 starts

Any advice thx.

Try fast food places, they seem to take on a lot of students. And they dont usually require much in the way of experience.
Also look on websites such as indeed (if you havent already).
Also look on some companies websites as some companies (e.g. mcdonalds, tesco etc) have their vacancies on their own websites.
It might be worth volunteering at a charity shop until you find something, just to get the experience.
I know september might be a bit late- but come september quite a few places start advertising for christmas staff. It will only be temporary, but will be something until you can find something more permanent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending