The Student Room Group

accounting and finance

I want to do accounting and finance in university.What are the things that I can do to make my personal statement stand out.
Hi ashhhhhyyyyyyyyy

I have just finished my degree in Accounting and Finance here at UCLAN and wanted to give useful tips for your personal statement.

First of all include any relevant work experience related to accounting. This will show that you have the experience and skills required for the course.

Next any relevant links or articles related to accountancy which you may have found interested.

Any group activities which make you stand out like for me this was doing young enterprise at college as it showed i had worked in a group with others and had produced my own business.

Overall i would say to include anything relevant for the course and anything that makes you stand out above other students who will be applying for the course.

Finally good luck with applying for accounting and finance at uni and hopefully you enjoy the course and get a good job at the end of it.

Emma
3rd year Accounting student - UCLAN
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi ashhhhhyyyyyyyyy

I have just finished my degree in Accounting and Finance here at UCLAN and wanted to give useful tips for your personal statement.

First of all include any relevant work experience related to accounting. This will show that you have the experience and skills required for the course.

Next any relevant links or articles related to accountancy which you may have found interested.

Any group activities which make you stand out like for me this was doing young enterprise at college as it showed i had worked in a group with others and had produced my own business.

Overall i would say to include anything relevant for the course and anything that makes you stand out above other students who will be applying for the course.

Finally good luck with applying for accounting and finance at uni and hopefully you enjoy the course and get a good job at the end of it.

Emma
3rd year Accounting student - UCLAN

heyy thank you for replying. I wanted to ask what kind of work experience did you do. Also did you have to go to an interview.
(edited 9 months ago)
Hi ashhhhhyyyyyyyyy

For my course at UCLAN i had no interview to get on the course so not sure if this is the same for other unis.

Regarding work experience i helped out in a credit union and completed some in a bank. I only did this for a month however gave me experience on what it was like doing accounting in real life.

Emma

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending