The Student Room Group

Experience of ADHD as a uni student

I have just finished my second year Uni and there were times where I didn't know if I would be able to complete the year.

Was wondering if there are any other students diagnosed with ADHD that can relate.
Hi,
I don't have ADHD but I'm autistic
I attended a group for autistic and ADHD people and I would say that even with the support and adjustments uni can still be really hard for us sometimes
Well done for getting through the hard time hopefully it makes next year easier
Original post by Sammy_Salsa
I have just finished my second year Uni and there were times where I didn't know if I would be able to complete the year.

Was wondering if there are any other students diagnosed with ADHD that can relate.

Hi I studied years ago at uni and got a degree without the honours due to my mental health I didn’t complete my dissertation. I’m due to go back in sept to do midwifery but this time im diagnosed with adhd and others. I’m hoping this time around with extra support I’ll be able to complete my course without struggling this time. Nervous and excited! How have you found the support that you can get? Any tips on revision and note taking etc?
Think without adhd meds would not have been able to do well in uni, and it was the only way I got through uni

Quick Reply

Latest