The Student Room Group

Sfe Migraint worker to settle status

Hello!

I applied for maintenance loan as a migraint worker last semester but Wasn’t rewarded because I wasn’t working at beginning of term 1 . Ever since I’ve been working until I got laid off 3 weeks ago, a week before I got approved for my maintenance loan. I was going to inform student finance but I got my settled status this week.
Is this going to change my application? Am I going to have to refund term 2 because I wasn’t working during this weeks?
Hi Hugo,

Yes, if you send us your share code and Home Office letter confirming the settled status then you'll be assessed as a Home Student from term 3 (if you received this after term 2). For terms 1 and 2 you would still be assessed as a Migrant Worker. If you send us your P45 and final wage slip along with the above evidence the team will reassess your funding. If you've got a new job or are actively looking i'd also advise sending evidence of this to as well. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Will I have to return money to student finance or they will give me less money on term 3?
Original post by Hugoaf42
Will I have to return money to student finance or they will give me less money on term 3?

If you've been overpaid then your funding would be reduced for the next term to claw back any overpayment. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending