The Student Room Group

BBC predicted optometry

Hi I got bbc predicted
I wanted to do optometry but my grades are so bad
I’ll apply for city foundation but what else do I do now? I might apply to orthoptics at Liverpool and Sheffield too as they want bbb, what do I do with my other 2 options. City foundation wants bcc so I should get in..
Do. I just apply To the other optom courses which are abb to aab???? Dying rn need help so bad
Original post by aneer3wq3wt
Hi I got bbc predicted
I wanted to do optometry but my grades are so bad
I’ll apply for city foundation but what else do I do now? I might apply to orthoptics at Liverpool and Sheffield too as they want bbb, what do I do with my other 2 options. City foundation wants bcc so I should get in..
Do. I just apply To the other optom courses which are abb to aab???? Dying rn need help so bad

Do you think you can do better than your predicted grades? If you are going to do more assessments soon, work your socks off to try and improve your marks and then ask your teachers if the predicted grades can be adjusted.

Your other option is to apply to a riskier option(s) first (BBB or ABB), see what offers you get and then add your other options later (but before the January deadline).
Reply 2
Original post by normaw

Do you think you can do better than your predicted grades? If you are going to do more assessments soon, work your socks off to try and improve your marks and then ask your teachers if the predicted grades can be adjusted.

Your other option is to apply to a riskier option(s) first (BBB or ABB), see what offers you get and then add your other options later (but before the January deadline).

I 100% think. I can do better than my bbc predicted
I had a resit in September to improve my
Predicted and I got an A in chem but they said they can’t Predict me an A.. I kind of threw biology though but I’m not sure if it’s a mouses or what as i feel like I did better
But let’s just say I got bbc predicted as idk if it’ll change.. also I don’t think I. Can apply to uni before others, school makes me do it all at once..
I’ll defo apply to city foundation but idk about other 4, I’m also 100% taking a gap year as I’m applying for 2025
If I do better in real thing I’ll apply for something else as I think I can do better in real thing
Can apply to uni before others, school makes me do it all at once..

Yes you can. My daughter applied to her least favourite choice first so that she had interview practise before adding her other choices. It's your application so schools can't dictate how many you apply for.
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
Yes you can. My daughter applied to her least favourite choice first so that she had interview practise before adding her other choices. It's your application so schools can't dictate how many you apply for.

the unis i plan on applying to dont have interviews anyways so idk wht the point would be lol
the unis i plan on applying to dont have interviews anyways so idk wht the point would be lol

The point would be to see if you got offers from one or two risker choices (ie above your predicted grades) before deciding on your final choices. If you didn't get offers from the riskier options, you would need to play safe with your remaining choices. If you did get an offer or two from the riskier options, then you might not need to use one of your choices applying for a foundation year course.
Reply 6
I 100% think. I can do better than my bbc predicted
I had a resit in September to improve my
Predicted and I got an A in chem but they said they can’t Predict me an A.. I kind of threw biology though but I’m not sure if it’s a mouses or what as i feel like I did better
But let’s just say I got bbc predicted as idk if it’ll change.. also I don’t think I. Can apply to uni before others, school makes me do it all at once..
I’ll defo apply to city foundation but idk about other 4, I’m also 100% taking a gap year as I’m applying for 2025
If I do better in real thing I’ll apply for something else as I think I can do better in real thing

What would you be doing in the gap year? Am at the same ish position as you and thinking of the same options but what else can you do expect from the foundation course. I can't find foundation courses anywhere either. I've searched on google and some options come up but nothing on the ucas website about optometry foundation course.
Reply 7
Original post by iqra.01
What would you be doing in the gap year? Am at the same ish position as you and thinking of the same options but what else can you do expect from the foundation course. I can't find foundation courses anywhere either. I've searched on google and some options come up but nothing on the ucas website about optometry foundation course.

hmm prob like work and travel or smth if i took a gap year
but idk if ill even take a gap yr,my pred changed to bbb tbf, and im doing quite well rn. ive heard city optom goes into clearing, so if it goes into clearing ill prob just apply there- its prob a better use of my time than a gap year xD,
other unis do foundation but theyre not in london - cardiff,hertfordshire i think.. :smile:,

Quick Reply

Latest