The Student Room Group

Applying with a low UCAS Score

Has anyone managed to get into Uni with only a PPP at BTEC ? I’m applying to an arts course so I thought that it might be more portfolio/experience based?
Have you completed your extended diploma?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Have you completed your extended diploma?

yeah completed a year ago, took the last year to work and do short courses related to the subject (which you don’t get qualification with, just experience).
Original post by stocai
yeah completed a year ago, took the last year to work and do short courses related to the subject (which you don’t get qualification with, just experience).

Did you consider taking a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design (FAD course)? That would have been enough for entry to any creative degree.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ

Did you consider taking a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design (FAD course)? That would have been enough for entry to any creative degree.

I did, but I don’t want to spend another year waiting (as i’ll already be having a two year gap year before starting). I’m hoping to get into just a standard 3 Year course in photography, preferably also without a foundation year but will do it if absolutely necessary.
Original post by stocai
I did, but I don’t want to spend another year waiting (as i’ll already be having a two year gap year before starting). I’m hoping to get into just a standard 3 Year course in photography, preferably also without a foundation year but will do it if absolutely necessary.

You have 48 tariff points. That’s less than half what is needed to join year 1 of most decent photography degrees.

Taking a FAD course now would be cheaper and give you much more flexibility and choice than opting for a foundation year that will lock you into a specific university and cost twice the amount.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ

You have 48 tariff points. That’s less than half what is needed to join year 1 of most decent photography degrees.

Taking a FAD course now would be cheaper and give you much more flexibility and choice than opting for a foundation year that will lock you into a specific university and cost twice the amount.

Thanks for the help! I was wondering if there’s anything I can do before September that might help me even get a little closer like privately sitting an A-Level? or is there short Access to HE courses that won’t take more than 9 months?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending