The Student Room Group

International Graduate Seeking A Job

Profile -> to know about me 🐼
I am an International Business Management graduate based in Scotland. I have been seeking a permanent position that allows me to work in the long term (yeah, I need a work permit). My preferable sectors are business & digital marketing, I like working on products & website optimisation.

I love pandas!!! They are the most amusing animal in the world. Secondly come with cats and guinea pigs. Just love how they interact with other creatures.

Leave a comment below so I can learn more about you from diverse backgrounds. I am a good listener and I would always be there whenever you need me :smile:

-----------------------------

Hi,

I am new here. Hope all of you are having a good day. I wanna share y'all that I got rejected for more than 100 times, including companies that already rejected me before. I also went on some interviews and took part in pre-interview assessments, but the results are always disheartening. Over the past year, I had been trapped in mental breakdown and did not know how days were passing. I had no friends to talk with, I had to chin up and survive until the situation gets somewhere better. And the most important thing: I am holding a limited visa -> aka graduate visa. I need to find a way out as soon as possible, but it seems a jeopardy to keep wasting my time in this country. I am not welcomed here. So now I am implementing a plan B: study in Germany and start from scratch. My current level of German is around B1/B2, and I have to pass a German exam with a C1 qualification to allow my enrolment before my resident permit dues by the end of this year.

[to be continued]
Original post by bananamilkk
Profile -> to know about me 🐼
I am an International Business Management graduate based in Scotland. I have been seeking a permanent position that allows me to work in the long term (yeah, I need a work permit). My preferable sectors are business & digital marketing, I like working on products & website optimisation.

I love pandas!!! They are the most amusing animal in the world. Secondly come with cats and guinea pigs. Just love how they interact with other creatures.

Leave a comment below so I can learn more about you from diverse backgrounds. I am a good listener and I would always be there whenever you need me :smile:

-----------------------------

Hi,

I am new here. Hope all of you are having a good day. I wanna share y'all that I got rejected for more than 100 times, including companies that already rejected me before. I also went on some interviews and took part in pre-interview assessments, but the results are always disheartening. Over the past year, I had been trapped in mental breakdown and did not know how days were passing. I had no friends to talk with, I had to chin up and survive until the situation gets somewhere better. And the most important thing: I am holding a limited visa -> aka graduate visa. I need to find a way out as soon as possible, but it seems a jeopardy to keep wasting my time in this country. I am not welcomed here. So now I am implementing a plan B: study in Germany and start from scratch. My current level of German is around B1/B2, and I have to pass a German exam with a C1 qualification to allow my enrolment before my resident permit dues by the end of this year.

[to be continued]

If you have been rejected so many times you should take stock, get feedback any modify your approach.

Generally focused, highly targeted applications coupled to good research of both the industry & company you are applying for despite being a very tedious method is likely to yield better results.

A lot is also are you sourcing appropriate jobs for your cv as well as ensuring you tailor your skills suitably for each job spec.

If you don’t change your approach the outcomes are unlikely to change.
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
If you have been rejected so many times you should take stock, get feedback any modify your approach.

Generally focused, highly targeted applications coupled to good research of both the industry & company you are applying for despite being a very tedious method is likely to yield better results.

A lot is also are you sourcing appropriate jobs for your cv as well as ensuring you tailor your skills suitably for each job spec.

If you don’t change your approach the outcomes are unlikely to change.

Thank you for your advice, mnot. I always conduct thorough research on the companies I apply to and prepare diligently for interviews. The positions and required skill sets are in line with my experience. However, despite my efforts, I often receive notifications stating, 'Unfortunately, we have chosen another candidate who appears to be a better fit...' or something similar. This situation leaves me feeling confused and discouraged, considering the amount of work I put into each application.
Original post by bananamilkk
Thank you for your advice, mnot. I always conduct thorough research on the companies I apply to and prepare diligently for interviews. The positions and required skill sets are in line with my experience. However, despite my efforts, I often receive notifications stating, 'Unfortunately, we have chosen another candidate who appears to be a better fit...' or something similar. This situation leaves me feeling confused and discouraged, considering the amount of work I put into each application.

This type of feedback is very common, unfortunately rejection in itself also needs to be considered feedback because of this.

I would recommend:
- setting a careers appointment with your UG university
- contact graduate recruitment companies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending