The Student Room Group

Muslim Brothers and Sisters

Salaam,

I would like your advice please I would like to get married soon although realistically knowing I am still yet to gain that job that will stably help to provide for me and the girl I would love to marry do you think a change in career in another job field and sector will help me towards my point of making money and to show I am capable of being stable to validate my statement of wanting to get married.
Wassalaam,

You aren't specific enough to warrant specific advice. But working based off your brief post, I'm going to take an assumption (perhaps wrong) and assume you are either in university or have graduated, and that you are serious about this. i.e. know how to look after your OWN self before looking after anyone else, can manage your own commitments (you are completely self-sufficient), are happy by YOURSELF, & understand what you would like in a partner,

The most important thing is, if you don't have the above, don't even read the advice below. You may romanticise getting married but you will 100% need to work on yourself before even thinking of looking for anyone else. You will end up not only hurting yourself but those around you if you do choose to get married before this.

If you don't have enough money to start providing then it is tough to prove the validation you seek to achieve (of being able to prove you can provide if you did get married). But if you have a plan, i.e. looking for internships, or placements, etc. or have graduated and are now on the final hurdle of looking for a job you can convey that you aren't going to be without a job for long & that you do have a real plan in place.

You mention "realistically knowing I am still yet to gain that job...do you think a change in career in another job field and sector will help me towards my point of making money". If you haven't got a job, does it really warrant searching for one just to give the idea? You've got to weigh it up yourself, but for me it's a no. You run the risk of pigeonholing yourself into a career you don't want. Follow what you like, try things you may like, but don't go out of your way to live up to this 'validation' you seek to achieve. What I mean is, if you for example graduated in computer science and have an innate interest in this, then it makes no sense to take up an accounting career.

Original post by Anonymous #1
Salaam,

I would like your advice please I would like to get married soon although realistically knowing I am still yet to gain that job that will stably help to provide for me and the girl I would love to marry do you think a change in career in another job field and sector will help me towards my point of making money and to show I am capable of being stable to validate my statement of wanting to get married.

Yes, a stable source of income (or at least a clear pathway towards getting one) is probably a useful thing to have before you think about getting married and becoming a financial provider for someone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending