The Student Room Group

Masters

I have finished my BA, in PPE, and I am planning on doing masters in Heath economics and Health Policy, what do you think of this master course for future?
Original post by Gracejohn867
I have finished my BA, in PPE, and I am planning on doing masters in Heath economics and Health Policy, what do you think of this master course for future?

Do you plan on going into health economics research or policy research? If not, there isn't really much point in doing it.
Reply 2
If you asking about taught or research masters. I am planning on doing health economics with health policy taught masters. These two are combines masters.
Please advise further

Original post by MindMax2000
Do you plan on going into health economics research or policy research? If not, there isn't really much point in doing it.
Original post by Gracejohn867
If you asking about taught or research masters. I am planning on doing health economics with health policy taught masters. These two are combines masters.
Please advise further

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.

The master's is useful if you intend to work in policy research, academic research, and health economics.

If you just intend to go for any job, then you won't really need a master's, and you definitely won't need the master's that you intend to do.

Note: Research masters' tend to involve 100% coursework, but are also usually significantly more difficult than taught master's. Taught master's typically involve exams as well as coursework if you intend to go for an offline course.
The research master's would be considered "better" for postgrad applications for a PhD than a taught one. However, both types of degrees would still allow you to go into a PhD in Health Economics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending