The Student Room Group

How to Fund a second masters degree when first masters degree was self funded

Hi
I had my first masters MSc degree in Subsea Engineering from University of Aberdeen in 2014.

To progress my career further in the field of finance ( previous profession was Oil and Gas) I have decided to do MSc in Financial Mathematics from Queen Mary London.

Since I am not eligible for a Masters loan from Gov.UK as I already have a Masters degree. Can anyone suggest any alternative payment methods for funding my masters.
-you already have a master’s degree, or a qualification that’s equivalent, such as an integrated master’s degree

I am working full time and the 2nd masters will be on a part time basis. Any help/suggestion will be much appreciated.
Original post by dijoney
Hi
I had my first masters MSc degree in Subsea Engineering from University of Aberdeen in 2014.

To progress my career further in the field of finance ( previous profession was Oil and Gas) I have decided to do MSc in Financial Mathematics from Queen Mary London.

Since I am not eligible for a Masters loan from Gov.UK as I already have a Masters degree. Can anyone suggest any alternative payment methods for funding my masters.
-you already have a master’s degree, or a qualification that’s equivalent, such as an integrated master’s degree

I am working full time and the 2nd masters will be on a part time basis. Any help/suggestion will be much appreciated.

Hi there,

If you already hold a Masters qualification, you would unfortunately not be eligible for support for a second Masters with Student Finance England. Thanks, Ross
Hi there. To ask about alternative sources of funding, you would need to speak to the university/course provider regarding this. We would only deal with Student Finance England funding on this forum. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending