The Student Room Group

Which university is best for Adult Nursing in Manchester?

Hello!
Could you please help me with some information about the nursing course at MMU, Salford and University of Mcr. Not sure which one to apply to. What was/ is your experience with these universities if you study/studied there? I would like to study at a uni that doesnt consider me just a number and offers support if i need it.
Original post by Enniko Eros
Hello!
Could you please help me with some information about the nursing course at MMU, Salford and University of Mcr. Not sure which one to apply to. What was/ is your experience with these universities if you study/studied there? I would like to study at a uni that doesnt consider me just a number and offers support if i need it.

Hey @Enniko Eros!

Great to hear you're interested in hearing about us - we're flattered! I think the course being 'right' for you is a really personal decision, and depends on what you want out of the degree. You'll find Nursing courses are all quite similar in content across different universities (they have to be to meet NHS requirements!), but I think you'll find the student experience is what differs the most. Placements will make up a good chunk of your time at university with us, and you've got a massive range of trusts you could be working in - typically you'll move between trusts during your time with us so you can get experience with working in different areas, and you can see which ones we work with on our website here. I know our students say our health courses, especially the nursing ones, feel quite tight knit - you'll end up spending lots of time together whilst you're in university, so you'll get to know people really quickly!

I'd also definitely recommend having a chat with one of our students - we have one of our Adult Nursing students on our Unibuddy platform that you can access here, they're the best ones to tell you how its actually been to study with us :biggrin:

Let me know if you have any questions! Happy to have a chat about nursing :biggrin:
All the best!
Becky
University of Salford Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending