The Student Room Group

Masters Preparation

Hi!

I'm midway through the 2nd year of my undergrad (BA in Theology and Religion) and absolutely love my course. I'm keen on going onto a master's afterwards, with a particular focus on the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament. So far, I have performed comfortably well, consistently receiving high grades, and I am currently at a very good university, so I am keen to attend another prestigious institution. I'm currently looking for things I can do linked to this area to help prepare for further study and to put on my PS/SOP, but it's hard for such a niche area. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it!*

Must add, I'm not religious, so things like helping out in a local church is not something I would feel the most at ease with - although I have looked at volunteering with a local humanist society.
TIA
Original post by lemonadetea
Hi!

I'm midway through the 2nd year of my undergrad (BA in Theology and Religion) and absolutely love my course. I'm keen on going onto a master's afterwards, with a particular focus on the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament. So far, I have performed comfortably well, consistently receiving high grades, and I am currently at a very good university, so I am keen to attend another prestigious institution. I'm currently looking for things I can do linked to this area to help prepare for further study and to put on my PS/SOP, but it's hard for such a niche area. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it!*

Must add, I'm not religious, so things like helping out in a local church is not something I would feel the most at ease with - although I have looked at volunteering with a local humanist society.
TIA

A Masters admission really only looks at academic matters. You need the best possible grades, a good research proposal, strong references. Then maybe attending a few academic conferences or getting something published, even in something quite small would help. But grades and an interesting research proposal will be the main aspects considered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending