The Student Room Group

Gap year and my exam result

If I have taken a gap year, can I apply the uni by using the 2023 public exam result?

I am an international student, considering gap year since I am not able to meet the English requirements, 0.5 below the required score
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Tmntmn
If I have taken a gap year, can I apply the uni by using the 2023 public exam result?

I am an international student, considering gap year since I am not able to meet the English requirements, 0.5 below the required score

Hey @Tmntmn,

I would recommend you check the specific policies and requirements of the universities you plan to apply to (or would like to potentially go to). The policies regarding gap years and admission criteria may vary between different institutions.

From my experience (in medicine), quite a few students take a gap year to redo the admissions test but their previous A-levels are accepted. So it is best to reach out to the admission offices (their emails or numbers are easily found on the website) and ask.

Hope this helped - let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck with your gap year!

Shaheer (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest