The Student Room Group

Current year 12 regretting A level

I regret picking Religious Studies A level as I don't really enjoy it and its really different to what I did at GCSE in my previous school (I am at a new school for sixth form). How can I muster the strength to get through the whole of next year I'm dreading it so much
The nature of the people in my class is semi competitive and I'm worried I wont be able to keep up or that I might loose interest.
The A level is also 100% exam graded (we have three exams lasting two hours each- that's around 2 hours 30 for me as I have extra time) unlike my two other A levels where a written paper is only 30% of the final grade
In my mock exam I felt like I couldn't concentrate for such long periods of time and yet everyone else seemed okay with it its so annoying
Reply 1
Original post by michaela002
I regret picking Religious Studies A level as I don't really enjoy it and its really different to what I did at GCSE in my previous school (I am at a new school for sixth form). How can I muster the strength to get through the whole of next year I'm dreading it so much
The nature of the people in my class is semi competitive and I'm worried I wont be able to keep up or that I might loose interest.
The A level is also 100% exam graded (we have three exams lasting two hours each- that's around 2 hours 30 for me as I have extra time) unlike my two other A levels where a written paper is only 30% of the final grade
In my mock exam I felt like I couldn't concentrate for such long periods of time and yet everyone else seemed okay with it its so annoying

Welcome to life. If I were you (with hindsight) I would suck it up. Don't worry what other people are doing. Just focus on your own work. I appreciate it might not be what you expected, but you are just going to have to knuckle down and face it and if you can find joy in what you are doing, all the better. As for the exams - there are many jobs out there that require you to concentrate for much longer than 2.5 hours so see this as training for the future. You can do it. The risk is that you choose not to because that is the easy way out.

In the words of the great JK Kennedy "We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

Quick Reply

Latest