The Student Room Group

Going into third year uni, is a first achievable?

Hello. Doing English at uni, heading into third year.
1st year: 10%
2nd year: 30%
3rd year: 60%

I got like 63% and 61% in 1st and 2nd year. Did not attend university for a total of 12 months (6 in first year, 6 in second). Never been to a lecture nor have I done the reading of read any of the books but managed to get these grades. Want to give third year a shot. Yes I know, I did not work hard at all but I was wondering if I push to my limits is a first still possible? ( I don't desperately want one just wondering...) I checked through uni grade calculators that I would need around 75-76% in third year to achieve a first. Since I've only got like 72% in one module ever, how common is it to average 75% in every module and the dissertation in the final year?

Thanks for reading and answering. Yes I know I could have got a higher grade if I tried so there's no need to comment that when I know.
Reply 1
I don't think the assumption should be based on stats and 'how common' it is, but on how confident you feel right now in your knowledge of the subjects that you aim for the 75%+. You can ask your tutor to give you some coursework and mark it unofficially and see where you are at. Explain to them that you would like to give it your best shot. They usually love seeing students trying their best and asking for extra work to practice.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending