The Student Room Group

Modern dating

Hi guys,

With modern dating what it is nowadays, is it a positive or negative thing for a guy to have a high body count?

I read alot online that if a guy has a high body count or has alot of experience then its regarded as a good thing. But I don't hold such a view because in my opinion, I think that if a guy has a high count, that means that they are making themselves so easily accessible and available to everyone that they aren't consider valuable anymore. On the other hand, if its very low, then that means that they choose and carefully decide who that person is and wouldn't just go for just about anyone because they value themselves and think that they worked really hard on themselves so wouldn't want to give themselves away so easily.

What do you think?
Perceptions of other adult's consensual sexual histories and numbers of previous partners vary a lot between different individuals.
Opinions will often depend upon an individuals own ambitions, personal dealbreakers and lifestyle preferences.

Some people consider adults with a limited number of sexual partners as indicative of either: only being willing to have sex as part of a serious relationship, being committed to waiting until marriage or being very selective in terms of their dealbreakers.
While other people view adults with no sexual history as a red flag of being unable to attract any sexual interest or having unreasonably high standards.
Reply 2
If someone is very attractive, body count is largely irrelevant, you just want to get with them too. But part of attractiveness is a good personality and if you do deduce that someone is selfish, manipulative and unreliable it can make people wary
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
If someone is very attractive, body count is largely irrelevant, you just want to get with them too. But part of attractiveness is a good personality and if you do deduce that someone is selfish, manipulative and unreliable it can make people wary

But you can also argue that a good looking person who has alot of options but goes after every one is not attractive as he lacks self control.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1
But you can also argue that a good looking person who has alot of options but goes after every one is not attractive as he lacks self control.

They do tend to have a lot options, but tend to go for the most attractive people too, which is typically not judged as a lack of self control, who wouldn’t. What is questioned is treating people badly solely for your own gratification

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending