The Student Room Group

How to get a timetable for a university course?

There's this degree I really wanted to do at another university but unfortunately, I had to make the very difficult decision of deciding between this and another degree. However, I could still sit in for lectures just to see how it's like and get a feel for it but in order to do this, I need to know when and where the lectures are. Is there any way I could find this out?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by RandomSelect
There's this degree I really wanted to do at another university but unfortunately, I had to make the very difficult decision of deciding between this and another degree. However, I could still sit in for lectures just to see how it's like and get a feel for it but in order to do this, I need to know when and where the lectures are. Is there any way I could find this out?

Hey @RandomSelect

First of all, it's really great to hear that you want to involve yourself by sitting-in in other lectures which is a testament to your passion for learning. However, from my understanding, most university courses only release their timetables to students enrolled in the classes themselves. So if you were really adamant about attending these lectures it's best to get in contact with the university student help center and ask for information regarding attending these lectures and getting in contact with the lecturer directly for permission. Another option would be to ask students enrolled in the class to share their lecture timetable and once again ask permission from the lecturer if you are allowed to join in.

I hope this helps!

Derrick
Reply 2
Original post by University of Suffolk student
Hey @RandomSelect

First of all, it's really great to hear that you want to involve yourself by sitting-in in other lectures which is a testament to your passion for learning. However, from my understanding, most university courses only release their timetables to students enrolled in the classes themselves. So if you were really adamant about attending these lectures it's best to get in contact with the university student help center and ask for information regarding attending these lectures and getting in contact with the lecturer directly for permission. Another option would be to ask students enrolled in the class to share their lecture timetable and once again ask permission from the lecturer if you are allowed to join in.

I hope this helps!

Derrick

Thanks, I didn’t even consider asking the university or the lecturers as a possibility so I will try that. Hopefully they say yes!

I’m actually in a Snapchat with the other students that are enrolled on this course (this is because I did apply for the course this year but ultimately had to decline the offer) but none of them know that I’m actually not on the course anymore. I will try asking them to share their timetables when they get published.
Reply 3
Original post by RandomSelect
Thanks, I didn’t even consider asking the university or the lecturers as a possibility so I will try that. Hopefully they say yes!

I’m actually in a Snapchat with the other students that are enrolled on this course (this is because I did apply for the course this year but ultimately had to decline the offer) but none of them know that I’m actually not on the course anymore. I will try asking them to share their timetables when they get published.

Open Days often invove sample lectures .
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Open Days often invove sample lectures .

The one I went to didn’t.

Quick Reply

Latest