The Student Room Group

Would the Police be interested in this

Every day on Instagram, I put on many random stories everyday not connected to my work etc

Would the police even take this seriously as people will accuse me or deceit etc on social media

However I've clearly stated it's random

I doubt it as it's a waste of their time
Original post by Anonymous
Every day on Instagram, I put on many random stories everyday not connected to my work etc

Would the police even take this seriously as people will accuse me or deceit etc on social media

However I've clearly stated it's random

I doubt it as it's a waste of their time

Generally, no.

They would only be interested if your "random stories" violate the law. For example, Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003 makes it an offense to send public messages of a “grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character”. There are many other laws you could breach (the Data Protection Act 2018, the Fraud Act 2006, the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, the Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008, etc).

Without specifics, if impossible to know whether your "random stories" would have breached any other above, or any other law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending