The Student Room Group

What should be my next move?

Hey there, I (m18) was drunk texting a girl (17) that I like for some time now (yeah, I know it was stupid decision). That happened one week ago. I told her that I find her attractive and that I want to take her out. She was laughing and said that I should text her when I'm not drinking. Next day I apologized to her and said that actually I would love to meet her. She said that it's not a problem and that we can meet when she comes back from her vacation next week. I said that it's not a problem since I had a lot of work previous week which is true. She's coming home this week and I said that I'm gonna text her to set up a meeting. I don't know if she understands that I'm asking her out on a date and not just a basic meeting as friends (should I mention that to her?) and also I don't know what and how I should text her now since I'm kinda nervous. Also could anybody help me what kind of a date should I set up since we both know nothing about eachother. Btw, I know her just from IG, since she requested to follow me and at very first moment that I saw her I found her very cute.

Regards
Reply 1
I think the intentions are clear, no need to spell it out further. Maybe ask her what she’d like to do, or be bold and propose something you like. A walk, or visit a museum or art gallery, followed by lunch
Original post by Anonymous
Hey there, I (m18) was drunk texting a girl (17) that I like for some time now (yeah, I know it was stupid decision). That happened one week ago. I told her that I find her attractive and that I want to take her out. She was laughing and said that I should text her when I'm not drinking. Next day I apologized to her and said that actually I would love to meet her. She said that it's not a problem and that we can meet when she comes back from her vacation next week. I said that it's not a problem since I had a lot of work previous week which is true. She's coming home this week and I said that I'm gonna text her to set up a meeting. I don't know if she understands that I'm asking her out on a date and not just a basic meeting as friends (should I mention that to her?) and also I don't know what and how I should text her now since I'm kinda nervous. Also could anybody help me what kind of a date should I set up since we both know nothing about eachother. Btw, I know her just from IG, since she requested to follow me and at very first moment that I saw her I found her very cute.

Regards

Hi there!

From what you've described, it sounds like your intentions of it being a date are pretty obvious. If you are unsure of what kind of date to have, maybe use that as an opportunity to speak to her, set a date and ask what kind of thing she would like to do. If you'd rather make it a surprise and something you have decided yourself, then choose something which you like to do, or would be able to get to know her better by doing. For example, movies are great but not the best first date because you can't get to know them. Dinners are also controversial with some people because they find it intimidating for the first date. Picking an activity based thing is always exciting because you can get to know them better while doing something fun such as ice skating, bowling or going to the zoo.

Regardless, if you like each other, then it won't necessarily matter what you do because you'll enjoy each other's company.

Good luck! I hope it goes well, and be confident- she said yes for a reason!

Rachel- YSJ student rep
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
I think the intentions are clear, no need to spell it out further. Maybe ask her what she’d like to do, or be bold and propose something you like. A walk, or visit a museum or art gallery, followed by lunch

Yeah

Original post by Rachel_ysj
Hi there!

From what you've described, it sounds like your intentions of it being a date are pretty obvious. If you are unsure of what kind of date to have, maybe use that as an opportunity to speak to her, set a date and ask what kind of thing she would like to do. If you'd rather make it a surprise and something you have decided yourself, then choose something which you like to do, or would be able to get to know her better by doing. For example, movies are great but not the best first date because you can't get to know them. Dinners are also controversial with some people because they find it intimidating for the first date. Picking an activity based thing is always exciting because you can get to know them better while doing something fun such as ice skating, bowling or going to the zoo.

Regardless, if you like each other, then it won't necessarily matter what you do because you'll enjoy each other's company.

Good luck! I hope it goes well, and be confident- she said yes for a reason!

Rachel- YSJ student rep

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking about something simple for a first date. Something like grabbing an ice cream and going on a walk by the sea, since I want to get to know the person on the first date.

Thanks again and regards
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek

Thanks. Yeah a lunch and a walk also sounds like a nice combination.

Regards
Reply 5
Don't just text about a first date. Establish a proper connection and show you are making an effort by picking up the phone and talking to her.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking about something simple for a first date. Something like grabbing an ice cream and going on a walk by the sea, since I want to get to know the person on the first date.

Thanks again and regards

Sounds amazing! No worries and good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending