The Student Room Group

Mixed messages !!!!

Hey friends ,

I am going crazy rn with the extreme mixed messages. I f (20) have a guy friend who I got along really well with . We met about 6 months ago but the past month has just been ignoring any messages I send and leaving on delivered. HOWEVER he's the type of person that would say to u if he had a problem with u he wouldn't lie about stuff like that. But everytime I ask he says he dosent have a problem at all..... but CLEARLY he does and its driving me insane I just want a clear answer his gf has gone COMPLETELY mute with me too ( who I was friends with too ) and I'm baffled as I feel I've only ever been super nice to them. I have a bf too so it's not like it looks like I'm trying to get with him ? Can anyone look at the situation and see something I'm not seeing. It's really bothering me I really valued the friendship.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey friends ,

I am going crazy rn with the extreme mixed messages. I f (20) have a guy friend who I got along really well with . We met about 6 months ago but the past month has just been ignoring any messages I send and leaving on delivered. HOWEVER he's the type of person that would say to u if he had a problem with u he wouldn't lie about stuff like that. But everytime I ask he says he dosent have a problem at all..... but CLEARLY he does and its driving me insane I just want a clear answer his gf has gone COMPLETELY mute with me too ( who I was friends with too ) and I'm baffled as I feel I've only ever been super nice to them. I have a bf too so it's not like it looks like I'm trying to get with him ? Can anyone look at the situation and see something I'm not seeing. It's really bothering me I really valued the friendship.

In the way that you've presented it here, I too would be confused why he and his partner have ceased contact, but this may be due to stuff they're both dealing with that you're unaware of.

My advice to you would be to replicate, don't make great efforts to stay in touch with them if they're not willing to make any efforts at all. Equally, if they reach out and want to do more stuff with them, take them up on it and don't press them too hard on why they've been more distant.

Some people just grow apart, doesn't need too much analysis (as this can do more harm sometimes).
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey friends ,

It could honestly be anything, including the fact that his girlfriend maybe feels a bit uncomfortable with you hanging around her bf. Honestly anyone would feel that way regardless of who it is and it's a natural response even if you did have a bf. It's better to give them space and see what happens, as others have said they may be going through some personal things and need time to work things out. It honestly doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong, but I understand that you would be feeling confused, because it is a weird situation - try not to think about it too much and spend time with other people. I hope everything works out okay.
It does seem very confusing- It can either be that they are going through something or like the person above mentioned, perhaps the gf feels a bit uncomfortable with you spending time and being so close to her bf, its normal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending