The Student Room Group

does he liek me?

so last year my friend tried to set me up with this guy, we texted for about a week, but it essentially didn't work out. i removed him from my social at the advice of one of my friends and went about my business.

a few months ago this year, he followed me again on both of his accounts. he texted me a few days ago about something on my story, but I've been slow to start a conversation because i don't really understand what it is he wants and im not very well versed on this kind of thing.

i enjoyed talking to him and it seems like we vibed together better than we did when we first talked last year but i don't want to misread the situation. any help?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
so last year my friend tried to set me up with this guy, we texted for about a week, but it essentially didn't work out. i removed him from my social at the advice of one of my friends and went about my business.

a few months ago this year, he followed me again on both of his accounts. he texted me a few days ago about something on my story, but I've been slow to start a conversation because i don't really understand what it is he wants and im not very well versed on this kind of thing.

i enjoyed talking to him and it seems like we vibed together better than we did when we first talked last year but i don't want to misread the situation. any help?

Your best bet is to talk to him. STart a conversation and see where things go. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
i have no clue where to start because ive tried starting a conversation in the past and he's only liked my message. i really struggle with picking up social cues cause im autistic (i probably should have said that in my main post whoops) so i cant tell if he wants to talk to me or if its only when the topic interests him lol

but i'll give it a go, thank :smile:

Original post by Josh-B-10
Your best bet is to talk to him. STart a conversation and see where things go. Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
still needing help! he texts me first but then when i try to get a conversation going it kind of fizzles out! i don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Reply 4
Maybe he just wants to follow / talk casually
Which there's nothing wrong with
But unlikely he wants anything serious I reckon
Reply 5
still needing help! he texts me first but then when i try to get a conversation going it kind of fizzles out! i don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Don't try too hard, just talk casually and be yourself. If you're not sure what to say but you want the convo to continue then ask him an open-ended question (preferably one where he can go into detail with his answer) and then let things flow from there. Also it's okay if the convo ends from time to time, it doesn't have to go on 24/7 but if you want to start a new one up just respond to something on his story or ask a random q or just send him something that reminds you of him
Reply 6
Original post by Forlornsoul
Maybe he just wants to follow / talk casually
Which there's nothing wrong with
But unlikely he wants anything serious I reckon

honestly i thought that but i dont understand because he consistently likes and replies to my stories. we literally didn't talk for a year and then all of a sudden he's following me again and responding to stuff yk? idk I'm getting mixed messages and just don't get it. that's a lot of work for someone who just wants something casual, yk?
Reply 7
Don't try too hard, just talk casually and be yourself. If you're not sure what to say but you want the convo to continue then ask him an open-ended question (preferably one where he can go into detail with his answer) and then let things flow from there. Also it's okay if the convo ends from time to time, it doesn't have to go on 24/7 but if you want to start a new one up just respond to something on his story or ask a random q or just send him something that reminds you of him

i do ToT the conversation seems to be fine if he texts me first but if text him it seems to flop. i just don't get whey he makes the effort when he texts me but if i try to reciprocate and talk about him for once, he shuts it down lol.
Reply 8
Update: he still goes out of his way to message me,we have interests in common but if feels liek after the first text im bugging him. honestly i want to ask whats going on cause yk mixed messages but dont want to come off clingy. This feels like the kind of thing where i need a straight answer from him to move on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending