The Student Room Group

ucat QR

how do people even do qr? i struggle so much with timing! practise isnt even helping because my brain doesnt think that quickly so idk what to do - the highest ive gotten on qr is 550 i need help
Original post by jennaa21
how do people even do qr? i struggle so much with timing! practise isnt even helping because my brain doesnt think that quickly so idk what to do - the highest ive gotten on qr is 550 i need help

I get around 800-850 on QR in practice. basically you need to be comfortable with your standard math knowledge

working out percentages
averages/mean/median/mode/range
unit conversions
speed/distance/time

the above are only some of the topics

also when I do QR some questions give like 3 tables and are wordy. in these circumstances I read the question first, then try to work out what the questions requires.

also what helps greatly is being very fast using the calculator

(what are you scoring on other sections?)
Reply 2
Original post by jennaa21

Spend as much time as you need on calculator ticks. You can even learn the memory function that should help a lot. Also brush up on general gcse maths : areas of shapes, percentages, ratios, types of triangles, averages, first few square and root numbers etc. And a lot of practice imo QR is the easiest section

Quick Reply

Latest