The Student Room Group

Is chemistry,biology and psychology (A levels) good for medicine?

I have picked these three subjects. My concern is that I should have picked maths or physics instead of psychology. (but I don't like maths or physics and I am much more likely to do bad in them than psychology.)
My question is: are maths and physics more prestigious subjects than psychology and whether this choice will hinder my application to medical school.
your choices wont hinder your med school application. no med school, except Cambridge, care about your third a level. choose what you enjoy and what you know you can do well in. all the best x
Reply 2
Original post by Kaladin1384
I have picked these three subjects. My concern is that I should have picked maths or physics instead of psychology. (but I don't like maths or physics and I am much more likely to do bad in them than psychology.)
My question is: are maths and physics more prestigious subjects than psychology and whether this choice will hinder my application to medical school.

I took those exact subjects and got my offers. Avoid Cambridge as they prefer 3 STEM subjects.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
How do you know you’ll do well at psychology?
Lots of people I know who are applying to med do those 3 so it's not an issue at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending