The Student Room Group

Ulaw Online vs In person

I am starting the PGDL in September and I don't know whether to do the course online or in person? Other than social, is there a stark difference between the two? As I previously studied at BPP (left for certain reasons) but I found the teaching was exactly the same and the only difference was dependent on the tutors you got. I did in person at BPP at some tutors just read a script and had no engagement whereas some tutor were amazing. We had access to the online recordings and the tutors seemed to be a lot more engaging.

If anyone can give me insight that would be amazing!
Original post by Milomungry99
I am starting the PGDL in September and I don't know whether to do the course online or in person? Other than social, is there a stark difference between the two? As I previously studied at BPP (left for certain reasons) but I found the teaching was exactly the same and the only difference was dependent on the tutors you got. I did in person at BPP at some tutors just read a script and had no engagement whereas some tutor were amazing. We had access to the online recordings and the tutors seemed to be a lot more engaging.

If anyone can give me insight that would be amazing!

Hi @Milomungry99

I currently study a conversion course at the University of Law and am really enjoying it! In terms of choosing whether to study online or in-person there aren't too many major differences. If you choose to study online, you will have access to exactly the same materials and support systems as on-campus students but will have the added benefit of being able to study when and where you like which makes the course really flexible. Of course, due to being online, the manner in which you receive teaching is slightly different so it is a personal preference of whether you can engage as well over a screen as in-person. In terms of the social side, there is of course less social engagement on the online course with peers etc. due to the flexibility of the learning method. However, having said that, online students are still invited to ULaw socials, are part of the student union and can join various societies so, therefore, it isn't without a social aspect. Ultimately, the decision is a personal one, however, from what I understand of it, there is no real difference between the two study methods :smile:

I hope this helps!

Sophie :smile:
Student Ambassador at the University of Law

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending