The Student Room Group

Life Modelling

How do you find a job as a life model? I need a job to fund my university and pay my bills. I have a BA (Hons) in the Fine art industry and feel that I could maybe do a bit of life modelling but don't know where to start. Any advice is welcome.
Original post by Kat Miller
How do you find a job as a life model? I need a job to fund my university and pay my bills. I have a BA (Hons) in the Fine art industry and feel that I could maybe do a bit of life modelling but don't know where to start. Any advice is welcome.

Contact the art department at your university? Or at colleges nearby, or anyone offering evening classes?
Reply 2
Thank you, once i've moved to my Studnet accomodation I'll go into the uni and ask the careers team. (Original post by ageshallnot)Contact the art department at your university? Or at colleges nearby, or anyone offering evening classes?

Thank you, I'll contact the university once I've completed enrollment and ask the student support team.
Reply 3
You could look through starnow.com , that if you reside in the UK
Reply 4
Original post by Kelly_xxx
You could look through starnow.com , that if you reside in the UK

I'll have a look at them now thank you
Original post by Kat Miller
Thank you, once i've moved to my Studnet accomodation I'll go into the uni and ask the careers team. (Original post by ageshallnot)Contact the art department at your university? Or at colleges nearby, or anyone offering evening classes?

Thank you, I'll contact the university once I've completed enrollment and ask the student support team.

Someone I know had a fellow student who did this at university. It worked out quite well, though I've no idea about the sums of money involved.
I was told incidentally by another student at uni I went to that he had applied to be a life model there but it was so incredibly competitive because they only needed a couple of models and would have hundreds of students applying. And this guy had professional modelling experience previously too but was unsuccessful!

But anyway I would guess it would just be a case of contacting anywhere that uses life models - schools offering life drawing classes (you might need DBS checks and stuff for that though), universities, places offering paid life drawing sessions for hobbyists etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending