The Student Room Group

Opinion : You should no longer be able to drive high-performance cars if banned ?

This is my opinion! I am open to debate, as long as it remains respectful.

If, and only if, you have been banned for reckless driving, causing injury and/or death by dangerous driving, or have repeated offenses for driving without due attention and care, you should no longer be able to drive high-performance cars.

Could there be a greater deterrent to these hoodlums speeding (often well in excess) and causing accidents, injuries, and, increasingly frequently, deaths?

I don't know how it's been in London and the rest of the UK because I haven't been there in close to 3 years, but over here it's a mess. I live in one of the biggest cities in the country, and it's a daily occurrence to see someone speeding at well over 100km/h on an 80km/h motorway. I often see people driving well over 70 km/h in a 50 and sometimes 30 (!!) km/h areas

I don't know, I believe we're becoming more and more anti-social when it comes to driving. No one cares anymore, the police do or can't do anything.

Thoughts?
Nah I'd rather these rules continue to be be enforced separately for safety and punishment and we already provide for both.

I've no issue with someone committing serious driving offences being banned from driving, possibly for life, or people having to redo training or re-obtain entitlements... but I'm not really in favour of starting to mess about in the middle just for petty forever-punishments.

Also it could end up affecting me which I can't tolerate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending