The Student Room Group

Gap year A levels

hi i achieved an AAC (Maths, CS, and Physics) in my A levels. i want to take a gap year and do further maths A level and apply for CS at UCL, Warwick, bath, kings, and loughborough. say if i work hard and achieve an A* in FM, how will i apply to unis, and how can i get predicted grades if im sitting it independently? will the unis reject me because my fourth grade is a C? how does this all work?
Reply 1
i could be wrong but i think universities require you to do a levels in 1 sitting
Reply 2
Original post by HARR1
i could be wrong but i think universities require you to do a levels in 1 sitting

No they dont - the majority are fine with resits, but all applicants applying to UCL, KCL need to check with the Uni before they apply. Bath has no problem with resits as one example.
Reply 3
Original post by Hiim
hi i achieved an AAC (Maths, CS, and Physics) in my A levels. i want to take a gap year and do further maths A level and apply for CS at UCL, Warwick, bath, kings, and loughborough. say if i work hard and achieve an A* in FM, how will i apply to unis, and how can i get predicted grades if im sitting it independently? will the unis reject me because my fourth grade is a C? how does this all work?

Talk to your school about applying their UCAS portal - most will be fine with this.
This means they can write your academic reference and they may be willing to give you predicted grades as well.
Are you going to use your school as an exam centre for the FM exams?
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Talk to your school about applying their UCAS portal - most will be fine with this.
This means they can write your academic reference and they may be willing to give you predicted grades as well.
Are you going to use your school as an exam centre for the FM exams?

Yeah im going to try and contact my school and ask if i can sit the further maths exam. i appealed my Physics and it came back as a C once again. What will give them indications for predicted grades? will i have to go their and sit some mocks?
Reply 5
Original post by Hiim
What will give them indications for predicted grades? will i have to go their and sit some mocks?

That is entirely up to your school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending