The Student Room Group

Is my teacher racist

I have French 3 times a week with my teacher (t)
She is constantly picking on me and my brother but mostly me,(to give you some contexts I live in a town where it’s rare to see anyone who isn’t white, me and my twin brother are one of <5 people who aren’t whit we are mixed and have dark skin my whole class is white) she will get angry and get into hysterics about little things every lesson if the whole class is talking it will be only me who gets told off; one lesson I was exactly 2 minutes late and got a detention but the next week a couple of my friends arrived 10 minutes late and that was okay with her. She has moved me away from my friends and I now sit next to someone who constantly try’s to annoy me and when I snap guess who gets punished.

This is definitely not a one off occasion it is every lesson she consistently gives me a yellow on my report (improvement needed which is quite a bad thing in my school) it isn’t for my work because I’m one of the highest if not the highest scorer in my whole class. I don’t know what to do it’s her word over mine and I don’t want to make a scene and I’ll have her next year and she’ll hate me even more.

Sorry just needed to get this off my chest before school starts advice needed.
Original post by Nina12112
I have French 3 times a week with my teacher (t)
She is constantly picking on me and my brother but mostly me,(to give you some contexts I live in a town where it’s rare to see anyone who isn’t white, me and my twin brother are one of <5 people who aren’t whit we are mixed and have dark skin my whole class is white) she will get angry and get into hysterics about little things every lesson if the whole class is talking it will be only me who gets told off; one lesson I was exactly 2 minutes late and got a detention but the next week a couple of my friends arrived 10 minutes late and that was okay with her. She has moved me away from my friends and I now sit next to someone who constantly try’s to annoy me and when I snap guess who gets punished.

This is definitely not a one off occasion it is every lesson she consistently gives me a yellow on my report (improvement needed which is quite a bad thing in my school) it isn’t for my work because I’m one of the highest if not the highest scorer in my whole class. I don’t know what to do it’s her word over mine and I don’t want to make a scene and I’ll have her next year and she’ll hate me even more.

Sorry just needed to get this off my chest before school starts advice needed.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this. Sadly it most likely is racism as you explained that your a high achiever and still get picked on as you are a minority in the class. I would definitely bring this to the attention of a staff member who is trustworthy as its really not fair that youre feeling like this in school. If not a staff member then maybe your parent/guardian can help. But I feel like if you tell a teacher the process will be a lot more private and easier. (it is your choice tho ofc) They can then escalate it and from there and you can move classes etc. I know its easier said than done but I feel if you do something about it you will truly feel better. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Have you got a nice head of year?If you can raise it and are generally known to be a well behaved student it may well result in the teacher backing off.I would just say you are having problems in her class and don't know why you keep getting told off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending