The Student Room Group

Classical studies A level

I have a question concerning the classical studies syllabus.
It’s written on page 7 - paper 1,2,3 and 4 and on each paper it says candidates study one topic from e.g. Alexander the Great, Aristophanes, etc…
My question is do you have to say which topic you chose during the exam and they’ll give you the paper according to what you studied?
Because I’m really confused
Original post by Nabiaa
I have a question concerning the classical studies syllabus.
It’s written on page 7 - paper 1,2,3 and 4 and on each paper it says candidates study one topic from e.g. Alexander the Great, Aristophanes, etc…
My question is do you have to say which topic you chose during the exam and they’ll give you the paper according to what you studied?
Because I’m really confused

Depends, either these will be topic sections on the same paper, and you answer one of them. Or your centre will need to enter you for the specific paper for that topic. Either way, it's not something you need to sort out unless you are a private candidate. (Are you?)
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Depends, either these will be topic sections on the same paper, and you answer one of them. Or your centre will need to enter you for the specific paper for that topic. Either way, it's not something you need to sort out unless you are a private candidate. (Are you?)

Yes, I am a private candidate, but I looked at past papers, and from what I understand you just answer what you studied since there are 3 sections on the paper
Original post by Nabiaa
Yes, I am a private candidate, but I looked at past papers, and from what I understand you just answer what you studied since there are 3 sections on the paper

Yes, if the past papers show that then that's how it should work. Double check the papers for all unis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending