The Student Room Group

Eligibility for Home-fees in The UK

I heard that students are eligible for home fees in the UK if they have been living there for a minimum of 3 years.I am a currently doing my A levels in the UK and just completed my year 12. I am born and brought up in India and shifted to the UK exactly 12 months ago. By the time I complete my A levels I would have lived in the UK for about 2 years after which I am planning to apply for medicine at University. My question is that if I apply for University this year and get an offer will I be paying the fees as an international student or will I pay the home fees? Cause I don't mind paying the fees of first year as an international student but after my completing my first year at University, I would also complete the 3 year threshold. So would I be eligible to pay the home fees from the 2nd year of my couse at the University?
Original post by _Kepogo
I heard that students are eligible for home fees in the UK if they have been living there for a minimum of 3 years.I am a currently doing my A levels in the UK and just completed my year 12. I am born and brought up in India and shifted to the UK exactly 12 months ago. By the time I complete my A levels I would have lived in the UK for about 2 years after which I am planning to apply for medicine at University. My question is that if I apply for University this year and get an offer will I be paying the fees as an international student or will I pay the home fees? Cause I don't mind paying the fees of first year as an international student but after my completing my first year at University, I would also complete the 3 year threshold. So would I be eligible to pay the home fees from the 2nd year of my couse at the University?

Hi there,

Can you please confirm your Home Office status?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Hi Graeme,
I am currently living here under a Tier 2 Dependent Visa, both my parents work in the NHS so I came as their dependent.(Original post by Graeme SFE)Hi there,

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by _Kepogo
Hi Graeme,
I am currently living here under a Tier 2 Dependent Visa, both my parents work in the NHS so I came as their dependent.(Original post by Graeme SFE)Hi there,

Thanks, Graeme

Thank you and when is it you are looking to start your degree? Is it September 2024? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Hi Jason
Yes, most probably by September 2024, if not then I might take a gap year to get some work experience and apply on 2025. Hope that helps.
Original post by _Kepogo
Hi Jason
Yes, most probably by September 2024, if not then I might take a gap year to get some work experience and apply on 2025. Hope that helps.

Hi there,

You will be eligible for home funding once you have lived in the UK for 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course and hold the status Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending