The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

London to Kent

I’ve been told people commute to Kent from London and then back, how is campus life like when u are commuting four hours a day ?
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been told people commute to Kent from London and then back, how is campus life like when u are commuting four hours a day ?

Hi there, :smile:

I will be a third year University of Kent student in September. Whilst I do not commute, I hope I can give you a general answer to the question. Few of my friends do commute between Kent & London, so it is possible to do so.

For the social life on campus, many parties can be hosted at later times, so you would have to consider this and ensure that you can travel home safely. Being in London means that you may not be able to attend all social events on campus, yet it also means that you can keep in touch better with your friends from A levels etc. which is quite a nice option too.

Living on campus I would say gives you easier access to the library, seminar rooms and lecture halls. In terms of studying, commuting can take a lot of your energy (though I think it also depends on the mode of transport). So whether you will be able to focus after commuting can be something for you to consider. Depending on the course you are taking, you may have to be on campus 4 or 5 days a week. This I find can be quite tiring too.

Another thing to consider is where you will go between seminars (perhaps if you have one in the morning and another in the evening). Most Kent students decide to stay in the library to study, so it can get a little busy at times.

I hope this helps to answer your question.
If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them. :smile:

Chloe
-University of Kent Student Rep
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending