The Student Room Group

what subjects to choose

i am confused on which subjects to choose and how many, i am aiming for oxford and Cambridge and i want to apply to a medicine course
Original post by bushrahanif
i am confused on which subjects to choose and how many, i am aiming for oxford and Cambridge and i want to apply to a medicine course

Firstly you can apply to Oxford or Cambridge

Secondly, I wouldn't focus on Oxbridge at the moment but instead focus on applying to medicine in general as that is hard enough. The general advice is to study Chemistry and Biology plus a subject which you excel at.

You do not need to do 4 A Levels 3 is plenty.
Reply 2
Original post by _Rusty_
Firstly you can apply to Oxford or Cambridge

Secondly, I wouldn't focus on Oxbridge at the moment but instead focus on applying to medicine in general as that is hard enough. The general advice is to study Chemistry and Biology plus a subject which you excel at.

You do not need to do 4 A Levels 3 is plenty.

Alright , thank you so much
Reply 3
The key with medicine is making your application as competitive as possible (since you are up against international students as well) so I would recommend you take four A-Levels. I would recommend the combination of Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology. I spoke with a current medic student at Cambridge a few months ago and she said that most people who apply to Oxbridge mostly take four a levels.

Quick Reply

Latest