The Student Room Group

A level Sociology Remark

Hi i managed to get an A in sociology this year and is my highest grade out of all the other results.
I unfortunately ended up getting one mark below an A* which is annoying me so much . I just received my scripts today and my paper 1 and 2 were significantly lower and marked harshly than my Paper 3 as it looks like my Paper 1 and 2 have been moderated for some reason so my teacher said it is unlikely to go up.
I have the option to send paper 3 but it is high enough so i dont know what to do.
These were my marks
Paper 1- 53/80
Paper 2- 58/80
Paper 3- 73/80

Any advice would be appreciated, its just really annoying when i am this close
Reply 1
ahhh no way this is exactly what happened to me last year! i was 1 from an a*, with 53 in p1, 50 in p2 and 73 in p3. my teacher looked at the scripts and decided paper 2 would be mostly likely to go up so we sent that, and it went up by 3 marks. i think pushing for paper 1 to be remarked as it has the lowest mark and would give you the best chance to go up - i do think you should go for it though, even if you do have to send paper 3, who knows, they might find that extra mark! keeping my fingers crossed for you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by okayykayy
ahhh no way this is exactly what happened to me last year! i was 1 from an a*, with 53 in p1, 50 in p2 and 73 in p3. my teacher looked at the scripts and decided paper 2 would be mostly likely to go up so we sent that, and it went up by 3 marks. i think pushing for paper 1 to be remarked as it has the lowest mark and would give you the best chance to go up - i do think you should go for it though, even if you do have to send paper 3, who knows, they might find that extra mark! keeping my fingers crossed for you :smile:

Im so happy that you were able to push up the grade!
My teacher saw the script of my paper 1 and 2 and said it has been moderated so its not possible to go up.
I am unsure about sending in paper 3 as it has been marked generously enough and my teacher didn't suggest that one.
Tbh my school is not really helping me with this situation at all and its just making my headache as the same thing happened to me in maths this year lol.
Reply 3
this happened to me with history, I was 1 mark from an A* and I sent my worse performing paper and it came back unchanged. im now asking for the possibility of my other papers being remarked but im unhopeful :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by iish.alm
this happened to me with history, I was 1 mark from an A* and I sent my worse performing paper and it came back unchanged. im now asking for the possibility of my other papers being remarked but im unhopeful :frown:

I totally get you, its such an annoying position to be in! I think if we are so close we should at least try and I am thinking of sending in a paper!

Quick Reply

Latest