The Student Room Group

OCR course work

my course work question is ‘To what extent was the breakdown of the soviet union by 1985-91 due to economic reasons?’
i’m really struggling with the structure and where to start.
any help would be appreciated 🤗
Original post by isabellaberdkan
my course work question is ‘To what extent was the breakdown of the soviet union by 1985-91 due to economic reasons?’

First, what other reasons are there for why the soviet union broke down between 1985 - 91
Once you have them, rank them in order of importance (which one do you find most important)
Ensure you have relevant facts for evidence as a start, before you write
Think why that is.
The reasons will link with eachother - for example, economic reasons could be caused by political policies? (I am not a history student, this is a guess). But try to link them before writing an introduction.
Here: https://www.britannica.com/story/why-did-the-soviet-union-collapse
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by isabellaberdkan

Hey! Someone asked a similar question and this is the advice I gave.

If your college has any links to websites like JSTOR or other online e books look on there for info. Spartacus educational is also really good for quickly finding specific info
I started with roughly looking over the topic and coming up with the main points I wanted to talk about.
Then I grouped points that could work as sections. Maybe you could organise it into social,economic, political? but you will have to research more before coming up with your sections.
Then I looked at the contents pages of books to find those topics and took out quotes with specific details - make sure you write all the references down because it will make it a lot easier for you at the end.
After you have your quotes write down a bullet point summarising how you can use it in the essay.

Hope this helps and good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending