The Student Room Group

What route should I take to do radiogrpahy (Diagnostic)

I was initially planning to go to exeter but my results very much flopped I got a c in biology and d in both psychology and geogrpahy. Now I'm looking at top up courses but I'd have to first get a bsc hons in another course in order to qualify, so should I complete a "quick" course for the sake of being able to qualify or should I do a longer typically 4 year course where I'd benefit from even if I chose not to continue to radiography. Any advice regarding other routes are definitely welcome. Thanks
Original post by Dont even know
I was initially planning to go to exeter but my results very much flopped I got a c in biology and d in both psychology and geogrpahy. Now I'm looking at top up courses but I'd have to first get a bsc hons in another course in order to qualify, so should I complete a "quick" course for the sake of being able to qualify or should I do a longer typically 4 year course where I'd benefit from even if I chose not to continue to radiography. Any advice regarding other routes are definitely welcome. Thanks

Hi @Dont even know I'm sorry your results weren't what you were hoping for. Try to remember that you did the best you could and that's more than enough. There are lots of routes into radiography!

One thing I would say is that it's worth investing in a degree that you're going to enjoy, don't rush into doing a "quick" course if you don't think you'll enjoy it. There are also some courses that allow you to decide whether you want to do a 4th year closer to the time. Hope this helps.

Good luck with your applications!

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Original post by Dont even know

The route that makes the most financial sense is to retake your A levels next summer and reapply for 2024 entry. The other option (that will also take four years) is to see if any places on a DR foundation course are still available in clearing. The will involve an extra year of maintenance and tuition fee loans.

Taking a different (3/4 yrs) undergrad degree to then take a DR BSc is possible in terms of funding (DR is an exception degree for student finance) but will take a long time. You would also need to look at entry requirements again to make sure that your choice of first degree is acceptable. The other option is to take a science undergraduate degree and then a 2-yr DR masters course. It is likely you would need a 2:1 or above in your first degree to do this and you would need to look at funding for a masters.

Have you applied for any DR clearing places?
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest