The Student Room Group

A Level Frustration (TLDR; sent to a member of staff)

Right now, I just can't believe what I'm seeing. I didn't come to school today to collect my GCSE results, so I decided to stay at home and wait until I receive an email or some sort of GCSE letter. I still don't have those at the moment, and so I've alternatively decided to check the applicaa website to see what grades I got. As soon as I saw them, I dropped my jaw in utter shock and disbelief. I cannot believe I didn't get the grades I wanted, and now I can't take my medical pathway subjects, which were A Level Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics. I'm aspiring to become a doctor in the future, and without those subjects, it would be nearly impossible to achieve that goal since I need those qualifications. My dream is ruined, and now I can't enrol in the subjects I wanted. There are other subjects available, but I have no interest in pursuing those. I'm solely focused on my dream subjects, and I'm at a significant disadvantage right now. I have a medical condition that affects my learning and has resulted in a learning disability over time. I struggle to think straight for the most part, and I put in my utmost effort to study and possibly achieve my dream grades, I have been focusing on those primary subjects for a long time. What I'm trying to convey is that I really, really want to study those subjects. So, in any possible way, is there a chance to overcome my grades and find a path to study my dream subjects? Please do inform me if there is one. I'm incredibly upset that I didn't get in, although I passed all my subjects with a 4 or above, I could never still be satisfied.
Reply 1
Hey, listen, ive just finished my A levels in Comp Sci, Business and Graphics. I did absolutely shocking at GCSE and now im going to study CS!! even got a couple 3s haha, 5 in maths and english etc, i was devastated when i opened my results and ive ended up with ABB, which although isnt spectacular its certainly a milestone, especially with how harsh exam boards have been this year. However, as long as you have a passing grade you WILL be able to do your A levels. (some do even without), What you need to do is find, either a 6th form or a college that will take you, and im sure there will be one, OR, alternatively you could try and book an appointment or something with the administration team at your chosen college and see if they will reconsider after explaining your circumstances. Once youve managed to do this, although it may seem daunting at the moment, you WILL get through it if you just stay resilient. Once you have a place at college/sixth form etc. FOCUS on your studies, make sure in your first year you cover as many notes as you can and try to stay organised, trust me youll thank yourself later, use apps like Quizlet and such. And before you know it youll be sitting your A levels. Im not saying it will get easier by any means, but i can see you have determination and with that i believe youll do well. I hope i can be of help, but dont take my word as gospel, try and speak to others, advisors etc. keep me posted!
Reply 2
Hey! thanks for replying to my message, that is thoughtful of you. I will consider what you said, and take your advice seriously. All cheers! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest