The Student Room Group

How can I contact student finance?

Hi,

How can I contact Student Finance about my situation - previously I used messenger, however this does not seem to work anymore.

Is there anyone that can answer the following:
I am EU student with pre-settled status and previously taken some migrant worker loan. However recently SF dismissed my evidence (of how much I worked throughout the year) and has categorised this as overpayment. This will be deducted from any migrant worker loan I would want to take in the future.
I am planning to start another degree, but this time as a settled student. I would be heavily reliant on settled maintenance loan.

My question is - will the migrant loan overpayment be deducted from settled maintenance loan?

I have worked every other aspect of financing out, (so thank you for comments), but need to know if this amount will be deducted. I would need definite answer to plan accordingly and don't know how to contact someone from SF.

Thanks!
Original post by nata3211
Hi,

How can I contact Student Finance about my situation - previously I used messenger, however this does not seem to work anymore.

Is there anyone that can answer the following:
I am EU student with pre-settled status and previously taken some migrant worker loan. However recently SF dismissed my evidence (of how much I worked throughout the year) and has categorised this as overpayment. This will be deducted from any migrant worker loan I would want to take in the future.
I am planning to start another degree, but this time as a settled student. I would be heavily reliant on settled maintenance loan.

My question is - will the migrant loan overpayment be deducted from settled maintenance loan?

I have worked every other aspect of financing out, (so thank you for comments), but need to know if this amount will be deducted. I would need definite answer to plan accordingly and don't know how to contact someone from SF.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Yes, if you have a Maintenance Loan overpayment, this will be removed from your future entitlement.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

Yes, if you have a Maintenance Loan overpayment, this will be removed from your future entitlement.

Thanks, Clare

Thank you!
Just to be clear - this will be removed despite the fact Migrant loan and Maintenance are different types of loan?
Original post by nata3211
Thank you!
Just to be clear - this will be removed despite the fact Migrant loan and Maintenance are different types of loan?

Yes. any monies owed would be removed from future instalments. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending