The Student Room Group

I am starting biomedical science soon. How can i become a clinical immunologist?

Im intrested more in the immunology side of biology. However i cant become a immunologist as im not doing medicine. What career path should i take to become a clinical immunologist? What masters?
Clinical immunology is a medical specialty as far as im aware? Which would require a medical degree. Unless I'm missing something...?

What is the actual job you want to do? As in, find an actual listing for it on the NHS jobs pages or a summary/information page on their careers pages. This will help make clearer what it is you want to do and hence allow others to advise on the route to that.
Original post by artful_lounger
Clinical immunology is a medical specialty as far as im aware? Which would require a medical degree. Unless I'm missing something...?

What is the actual job you want to do? As in, find an actual listing for it on the NHS jobs pages or a summary/information page on their careers pages. This will help make clearer what it is you want to do and hence allow others to advise on the route to that.

You can be a clinical immunologist with a medical degree or as a clinical scientist. The consultant roles at the end are the same, but paths to them are very different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending