The Student Room Group

Open University?

So I’m about to finish A-Levels - my time at school has been nothing but awful and even in y13 my autism/anxiety has been seriously affecting my ability to be in a classroom environment, so I’m almost ending my time on a low - because of all this I’ve completely rejected the idea of starting university because I’ve had enough of being in that environment (I am aware it still has a difference but it’s not enough for me) I have been investigating the open university and it seems…perfect? Distance learning, can apply for a loan, no entry requirements, part time if I need - I think I may pick this up this year or next year…but is there a catch? How are peoples general experience with OU I just cannot fathom that it is something so perfect for me without some kind of catch (ig all the bad luck in my school life lol)
I studied with the Open University for 12 years and there is no catch - I really enjoyed the experience. Although with distance learning you are expected to work on your own most of the time and plan your time effectively, you are allocated a tutor to help, and there are tutorials. In my day these were face to face, but I believe now they are more likely to be online. There are also online forums so you can engage with others on the same module;
Reply 2
Original post by krisking990909
I studied with the Open University for 12 years and there is no catch - I really enjoyed the experience. Although with distance learning you are expected to work on your own most of the time and plan your time effectively, you are allocated a tutor to help, and there are tutorials. In my day these were face to face, but I believe now they are more likely to be online. There are also online forums so you can engage with others on the same module;

Thank u sm! I was out of school for a few years so I’m quite used to self teaching/planning I’ll definitely consider it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending