The Student Room Group

Should I be more realistic?

I have studied art from gcse to a level to one year of uni- I like art but don’t feel as passionate as I used to

Im not sure if I should continue pursuing art or choose something to get a degree in- im worried I’ll never have money.

Thanks
Reply 1
In my opinion once you have your degree you can do whatever you want. What do you want to do? Teaching? Business? You can do whatever you want after. But if it was me I would regret giving your art degree up now you have completed a full year. I am assuming you have completed a full year already. I studied Film and TV studies at uni which yeah is a pretty useless degree unless you are lucky enough to end up working in it. But I am now looking at business related masters programmes. For most masters all you need is a 2:1 or 2:2 degree in anything. It opens doors to other careers or study. Go to your careers dept at uni and ask about opportunities for none-art related work experience in yoir holidays.

Having said that if you are determined to leave your degree maybe see if you can transer to another course at your uni or something. Also consult your friends and family to see what they say.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest