The Student Room Group

Struggling to decide on Uni course

After extensive research I am still stuck between PPE, Economics and politics and philosophy and politics. I know this is the general direction I want to take but am unsure on which would put me in the best position for the future. I have a keen interest in all three subjects and grades aren't a problem. I am considering a political or financial career. I would like to ask any current student of these topics on their personal experiences and any advice they might have regarding their course.
Reply 1
Original post by luutss
After extensive research I am still stuck between PPE, Economics and politics and philosophy and politics. I know this is the general direction I want to take but am unsure on which would put me in the best position for the future. I have a keen interest in all three subjects and grades aren't a problem. I am considering a political or financial career. I would like to ask any current student of these topics on their personal experiences and any advice they might have regarding their course.

PPE is the most reputable, and in many cases, the course is flexibile enough for you to drop one of the three disciplines in your second year of undergraduate study. If you enjoy all three disciplines, what's making you hesitate?
Reply 2
Original post by Riann246
PPE is the most reputable, and in many cases, the course is flexibile enough for you to drop one of the three disciplines in your second year of undergraduate study. If you enjoy all three disciplines, what's making you hesitate?

I guess it's the fear of becoming too focused on something that I may find myself not wanting to do in the future and the job prospect potential of taking philosophy.
Reply 3
Original post by luutss
I guess it's the fear of becoming too focused on something that I may find myself not wanting to do in the future and the job prospect potential of taking philosophy.

Again, it's more reputable than P&E so I wouldn't worry at all about job prospects. At many universities you can choose to drop one of PPE in second or third years, so that could work if you don't want to focus on any?
Reply 4
Original post by Riann246
Again, it's more reputable than P&E so I wouldn't worry at all about job prospects. At many universities you can choose to drop one of PPE in second or third years, so that could work if you don't want to focus on any?

That option to drop one sounds brilliant, thank you very much for your responses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending