The Student Room Group

Official Year 13 Chat 2023-24

Scroll to see replies

Just tagging in some of our new Year 13's who might want to jump in and say hello in this thread and get involved nice and early :smile:

NewYr13

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

[quote= sima[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace]]x
x

x

x

x

x

[quote= Winta[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace]]x
x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

[quote= AnnieBlue[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace]]x
x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Reply 41
Hey there!
I am studying Politics, Economics and German as i wanted to study law when i chose them. I am now aiming for something biomedical related so will be fast-tracking chemistry and biology after year 13. Courses that interest me are Biomed and Neuroscience, I might apply for medicine.

My favourite food varies but i had a really good Lahmacun the other day do probably that. I am looking forward to being more independent and studying what i am passionate about. My hobbies are working out, cooking and playing games. I am also interested in politics and like playing with my dog.
Reply 42
Hello there! I'm zeasea and I study chemistry, physics and maths. I also teach myself AS further maths. I'm planning on applying to a mix of Computer Science and Computer Science/Mathematics courses. I do have to do TMUA for the University of Cambridge, along with CSAT if I get an interview. I'm terrified, lol.
Helu, I'm studying Health and Social Care Diploma and Applied Science Extended Certificate; want to go into Radiography. I'm currently also taking an Islamic Studies course, it can get hectic but its going well alhamdulliah (:
Reply 44
Original post by reubenn05
Hi !!
I'm doing biology, chemistry and german (should've picked geography instead of german, as the german lit essays are hard, but oh well)
Applying to medicine
Taking the UCAT, hopefully won't have to take BMAT
Samyang buldak carbonara noodles
Probably go travelling in the summer, at uni meet lots of new people, do loads of partying. if i don't get into med this yr i'll take a gap year and get some more work experience
I go to the gym 6 times a week, basically my only hobby atm, but want to take up lots of new things at uni

what is your exam board?
Original post by divineany
what is your exam board?

aqa for all 3
hi! im sophie, studying biology, chemistry and physics at A level and applying for medicine soon :smile: already taken my UCAT which went okay so I'll probs be applying for Newcastle, Manchester, Bristol and UEA!
outside of school I like weightlifting and powerlifting which i'd love to do competitively but for now it's just a hobby
Original post by its.scphie
hi! im sophie, studying biology, chemistry and physics at A level and applying for medicine soon :smile: already taken my UCAT which went okay so I'll probs be applying for Newcastle, Manchester, Bristol and UEA!
outside of school I like weightlifting and powerlifting which i'd love to do competitively but for now it's just a hobby

What exam board are you doing for biology? I'm doing Edexcel A (Salters-Nuffield) and I want to find someone else who actually does it as well lol
Original post by flowersinmyhair
What exam board are you doing for biology? I'm doing Edexcel A (Salters-Nuffield) and I want to find someone else who actually does it as well lol

ah sorry I'm doing AQA!
Reply 49
Hi, I'm Anna and I'm studying biology, chemistry, and maths. I am doing an EPQ. I'm applying to medicine but not too sure what unis to apply to. My hobbies are singing and cooking. I am also quite interested in neuroscience so might as well put that as a backup.
Reply 50
Hi! I was summoned by a tag~
I'm in S6 (Scottish equivalent to Year 13) so I wasn't sure if I could reply or not, but here goes !! :h:
I'm studying Advanced Higher Maths, Biology, and Music and crashing Higher Accounting this year~
I'm thinking of applying to Medicine and Dentistry, and am currently studying for the UCAT (which I will sit on the 19th of September)!!!
I like playing my violin and piano, and also watching Netflix in my spare time !! Any recs would be appreciated... I'm running out of things to watch :'D
My blog (a place where I miserably attempt to complete my goals) is here, if you're interested :smile: ---> My Frantic Final Year :'D? | enhaluvr's GYG Journal (23-24)
(edited 7 months ago)
Hello everyone! My name is toothysmiles and I'm taking Biology, Chem, Further Maths to study dentistry at university.

I am currently into Lana Del Rey, Seventeen and Ateez so the playlist is a little confusing....

Took my UCAT this summer so no more entrance exams, SLAY! (Also saw a TikTok that saying slay is cringe but my personality is so ironic and I deeply enjoy doing things that make me happy so I'm reclaiming the word)

I love drinking tea so much it's ridiculous - I'm loving a jasmine cold brew atm... Also a big fan of Kinder Buenos...

After Year 13 I want to go on a European roadtrip with my friends... We'll see...

My hobbies include being delusional and saying words. Not sentences just words and it's really fun. I love talking at people...

Good luck to everyone, let's all be happy and healthy (I have a cold 🤧)!
My blog is you're interested: www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7388227
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 52
Original post by Evil Homer
Just tagging in some of our new Year 13's who might want to jump in and say hello in this thread and get involved nice and early :smile:

NewYr13

Hi guys! Studying business, graphics and media studies. I am looking to do a gap year first and move onto doing computer science with a foundation year at uni!
Reply 53
Original post by toothysmile
Hello everyone! My name is toothysmiles and I'm taking Biology, Chem, Further Maths to study dentistry at university.

I am currently into Lana Del Rey, Seventeen and Ateez so the playlist is a little confusing....

Took my UCAT this summer so no more entrance exams, SLAY! (Also saw a TikTok that saying slay is cringe but my personality is so ironic and I deeply enjoy doing things that make me happy so I'm reclaiming the word)

I love drinking tea so much it's ridiculous - I'm loving a jasmine cold brew atm... Also a big fan of Kinder Buenos...

After Year 13 I want to go on a European roadtrip with my friends... We'll see...

My hobbies include being delusional and saying words. Not sentences just words and it's really fun. I love talking at people...

Good luck to everyone, let's all be happy and healthy (I have a cold 🤧)!
My blog is you're interested: www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7388227

OMG, WE SHARE THE SAME HOBBIES. Only legends are delusional. #we'reiconic
Question (from an Australian): I know Year 13 is the final year of school for English students, but when does it start and end? It's very odd to see the same age group as me just starting when I'm 2 months away from finishing.
Original post by enhaluvr
OMG, WE SHARE THE SAME HOBBIES. Only legends are delusional. #we'reiconic

We literally are the same person atp
We start A-Levels in September and graduate in August. Say if we start in September 2022, we would graduate August 2024. :smile:
Original post by closetarchivist
Question (from an Australian): I know Year 13 is the final year of school for English students, but when does it start and end? It's very odd to see the same age group as me just starting when I'm 2 months away from finishing.
Hello!! Just got tagged in this and will contribute as the (un)official humanities rep lol :smile: I do (OCR) classical civ, (eduqas) english lit, and (Edexel) art and design and will be applying for Classics at Oxford next month! (send help. lots. please) I read a lot, write occasionally, and I don’t really have a lot of free time nowadays, but I also fence sabre!
Original post by danisreallycool
We start A-Levels in September and graduate in August. Say if we start in September 2022, we would graduate August 2024. :smile:

Is everyone here graduating in 2025 then? Or have you already started?
HEy! I study Bio chem maths and I aspire to go to uni for Chemistry!

Quick Reply

Latest